2019 Summer School Application
**MBTA's Summer School Program is open to any Hawai'i-resident, high school student.**
Priority Registration is for any student who can select and pay for their classes by the deadline.
||March 1, 2019
||April 18, 2019
Full tuition payment accompanied by the printed registration confirmation must be received in our office no later than 4:00pm on Thursday, April 18, 2019.
Acceptance letters and payment receipts will be sent via postal mail on May 3rd for those who meet the April 18th deadline.
The open registration period is meant to accommodate those who may require additional time to consider our program or arrange for funding.
||April 22, 2019
||May 22, 2019
Full tuition payment accompanied by the printed registration confirmation must be received in our office no later than 4:00pm on Wednesday, May 22, 2019.
Acceptance letters will go out only via email by May 30th. Please contact Ms. Hyden immediately, if you do not receive your acceptance email by May 30th. Be sure to first check your spam/junk folders.
Payment receipts will be sent with report cards following the conclusion of the summer program.
NO LATE Registrations
There will be NO LATE REGISTRATIONS and NO EXCEPTIONS this year.
Our registration server cannot accommodate late registrants, as it may negatively impact the entire summer program.
If you are uncertain about whether or not you need a class, it is better to meet the registration deadline and request a withdrawal later (by the withdrawal deadline - see below) than to miss the registration deadline.
If a student wishes to withdraw from one or more courses, the parent/guardian must complete and submit the withdrawal form to MBTA’s Summer School Director on or before the deadlines listed below [received in office/email - no postmarks].
|100% Refund Deadline:
||May 31, 2019
|Partial Refund Deadline:
(Refund Less $15 Admin Fee)
||June 10, 2019
NO REFUNDS will be processed after June 10, 2019 unless approved by the instructor for extenuating circumstances.
Please review the documents above and the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) below.
Any further questions or concerns should be directed to our SummerSchool Director, Ms. Hyden: email@example.com
Thank you for your interest in MBTA's Summer School Program!
MBTA Summer Program FAQs:
Does MBTA provide laptops for summer school?
Can my child enroll in more than one class?
- Unfortunately, we are unable to provide laptops to non-MBTA students for summer school.
- MBTA students must make arrangements through the tech department in order to retain their school-issued laptops for summer school use.
Can my child enroll in another summer school program while participating in MBTA's Summer Program?
- Yes, each student may register for up to two classes during our summer session, if both classes are 0.5 credit classes.
- No, if the student enrolls in a 1.0 credit class.
Why does my child need a personal email address for the summer? Can they use mine?
- No. It is highly discouraged to enroll in multiple summer school programs. We believe it puts undue strain on the student, given the accelerated nature of our courses.
How can my child participate in this summer program while traveling?
- Our online system requires a unique, valid email address to create the students' accounts, which are used to access our course website. Students may send and receive communication with teachers and notifications from the courses through their email address.
- Students are expected to check their email daily. Students are permitted to use their parent/guardian's email if it is accessible to the student daily and if it is not being used another student participating in this program.
What if my child has a summer camp to attend for sports, church, etc...?
- While traveling, it is best to have a personal laptop, tablet, etc... to access our courses and do word processing. Internet access can be obtained through most paid lodgings. Otherwise, there are many public Wi-Fi hotspots available worldwide. We suggest that families schedule school-time into the itinerary in order to ensure success for the student. It is also useful to keep a clock that is on Hawai'i time, since all due dates and times will adhere to Hawai'i time. If students encounter any issues, prompt communication with the teacher is highly encouraged.
How does MBTA offer Physical Education (P.E.) ONLINE!?!
- If the student is attending a camp without internet access for up to one weeks time, they should first consider that one day of summer school is worth approximately 3 days of regular instruction... that's nearly a month of school work. but it is possible.
In passed years, students who have planned ahead for such camps have been successful by coordinating an accelerated schedule with the teacher. Some students were even at camps which allowed for internet access. It is best to inquire first with the camp/organization prior to making summer school arrangements.
Does MBTA offer financial aid for the summer program?
- All lessons, discussions, quizzes, and exams are on our course website. Students will complete assignments, and projects for uploading to the course. A set number of hours are set each week for pre-approved physical activity, and the students are responsible for logging these hours and submitting them to the teacher through the course website. This system is ideal for those involved with sports or those who prefer an individual, self-paced program for P.E.
- Please refer to the PE Factsheet for more information.
How do I make tuition payment? When is tuition due?
- No. However, MBTA is open to accepting outside scholarships for tuition.
- We accept Alu Like tuition vouchers every year. For more information about Alu Like's summer scholarship program, please visit their website: http://www.alulike.org/services/kaipu_summer.html
How do I withdraw my child from MBTA's Summer Program? What if my child only wants to withdraw from one class?
- Tuition is accepted by mail: Check, Money Order, or Voucher. You may also opt to pay with cash in our office.
- Tuition must be paid in-full at the time of application. Alu Like vouchers are a promise of payment, and the student's tuition will be considered paid for the amount specified on the voucher. Parent/Guardians are responsible for any remaining balance. If tuition payment vouchers are awarded after the parent/guardian has made the tuition payment, a refund will be issued to the parent/guardian following redemption of the payment voucher.
- The withdrawal form must be completed and submitted to the summer school director by the withdrawal deadline. Forms may be scanned/emailed to the summer school director to process the withdrawal, but refunds will not be issued until the original hardcopy is received and processed by our office.
- You must specify on the form which classes your child is withdrawing from, so you are refunded for the corresponding amount.
Should you have further questions or concerns regarding our summer program, please email our summer school director, Brandi Hyden: firstname.lastname@example.org