The vision of Myron B. Thompson is to create an innovative, student-centered learning environment that provides equity, access and excellence for learners anywhere, anytime.
To provide a rigorous, engaging learning environment in which learners accept responsibility for their learning, work together, recognize and produce quality work, appropriately using current and emerging technology to solve complex problems.
General Learner Outcomes (GLO)
These are the six General Learner Outcomes as specified in the Hawaii State Department of Education’s Vision and Mission statements.
- The ability to be responsible for one’s own learning
- The ability to understand that it is essential for human beings to work together
- The ability to perform complex thinking and problem solving
- The ability to recognize and produce quality performance and quality products
- The ability to communicate effectively with a variety of audiences for a variety of purposes
- The ability to use technologies effectively and ethically
- All students can learn.
- Effective learning is more active than passive. On-line and distance learning provides quality, engaging education for students to interact with teachers and other students.
- High standards and high expectations produce high achievement.
- Results and accountability are important.